Après le récent Time of Fury (voir notre test), Wastelands Interactive annonce le développement d’un nouveau wargame mêlant mécanismes novateurs et gameplay traditionnel. Comme son nom l’indique Strategic War in Europe se focalisera sur le théâtre européen de la Seconde Guerre mondiale. L’Afrique du nord en prime.
Pour l’occasion voici une première série de captures d’écrans. En attendant de plus amples informations, voyez le communiqué ci-après pour une présentation des principales caractéristiques du jeu. Sortie prévue dans le courant du second trimestre 2012.
May 9, 2012 (USA & EU) – Wastelands Interactive today announced Strategic War in Europe, an innovative strategy game currently in development. Strategic War in Europe will feature in-depth elements of an old school strategy game with modern day features and gameplay.
Strategic War in Europe is being developed for the PC by Wastelands Interactive under the focus of strategy game veteran developer Leszek Lisowski who has led the development of half a dozen strategy games over the past several years.
« Personally I feel like Strategic War in Europe is an old school strategy game in modern form. » said Leszek Lisowski. »The gameplay is sort of on the beer & pretzel side of strategy games with a lot of features under the cover. What’s very important is the huge possibility for modding we have integrated into the game. »
Wastelands Interactive’s most recent title, Time of Fury, featured every important aspect during World War II from diplomacy to terrain adaptation, and provides a point of inspiration for Strategic War in Europe.
Some exciting features of Strategic War in Europe are:
- Six unique scenarios spanning the time between 1939-1944
- An expansive map of Europe and North Africa that is 68 hexes wide and 47 hexes high
- Ability for players to control up to 25 countries across the three WW2 alliances (Allies, Axis, USSR)
- Five scaling difficulty settings for each country for added challenge and replayability
- Build your army to attack from land, sea, and air
- Economy and production system with a strategic element based on convoys and railroads
- Technology system that expands five unique areas of research
- Dynamic weather system that affects the tide of war
Strategic War in Europe is currently anticipating a Q2 2012 release across many major digital distribution platforms.