Paradox confirme aujourd’hui quand arrivera le très attendu et prometteur troisième volet de la série Crusader Kings. Ce sera donc à compter du 1er septembre, qu’après vous être reposés tout l’été, vous pourrez entamer de plus belles et intenses croisades. Dans lesquelles le maître mot, tout au moins comme dit dans cette très jolie bande-annonce, sera la ruse.
Sur la question importante du contenu du jeu après son lancement, il y aura évidemment des DLC mineurs (ex : Fashion of the Abbasid Court et Garments of the Holy Roman Empire) et des extensions majeures, voyez dans la FAQ ci-après les premiers éléments indiqués par l’éditeur. Rien de marquant n’ayant encore pour le moment été dévoilé.
Pour plus d’informations sur Crusader Kings III, voyez cette page sur Steam ou le site www.crusaderkings.com. Les différents dev diaries se retrouvent dans cette partie du site officiel (les derniers montrant utilement les améliorations de la carte du jeu).
Coronation Day Announced for Crusader Kings III
Paradox’s Medieval Grand Strategy Game to Release This Fall
STOCKHOLM – 14 May 2020 – The herald rides forth to make the announcement all have awaited. Court and commoners hold their breath in anticipation. Jealous rivals, thwarted in their plots, sulk in the shadows, for the glorious day is coming. Crusader Kings III, the heir to the crown of grand strategy gaming, will take its throne on September 1, 2020.
Now available for pre-order, Crusader Kings III is a medieval grand strategy role-playing game from Paradox Development Studio. Guide a royal dynasty through the centuries. Claim new lands through diplomacy and marriage, or use your armies to conquer your neighbors or unite a divided realm. When swords and seduction fail, however, spies and poison may still be effective.
Crusader Kings III is the sequel to one of the world’s most beloved strategy games. Rich with new historical content and character options, it has never been easier to wrap yourself in the ermine cloaks of power, writing your own story of castles, knights, crusades, and murder.
Features of Crusader Kings III include:
– Character Focused Gameplay: Every character you play or interact with has their own unique personality. Events and options in the game are largely determined by the type of person you are.
– Infinite Possibilities: Play as any noble house from Iceland to India, Finland to Central Africa over five centuries. Interact with wandering guests, stubborn children, devious spymasters and saintly holy men in an elaborate tapestry of medieval life.
– Waging War: Rally your vassals and raise your men-at-arms to besiege enemy castles or put down rebellions. Personal prowess on the battlefield can win you great honor, but strategic planning is the path to victory.
– Royal Marriages: Spread your dynastic DNA throughout the world, stamping your royal seal on the crests of kingdoms and duchies far and wide. Marry for power and raise children to press claims on new lands.
– Saints and Sinners: Keep faith with your religious leaders or perform great crimes in the interest of the state. When the going gets tough, you can always embrace a heresy or craft a new religion more in line with your character’s priorities.
– Schemes and Skulduggery: Learn the secrets of your courtiers and vassals so you can blackmail them for their support. Seduce your way into a superior’s good books, or plot the untimely demise of an unfortunate relative.
– Events Inspired By History: Experience great holy wars, peasant revolts, cadet branches of dynasties, heretics, superstition, castles, knights and wars over inheritance.
– 3D Character Portraits: Characters age and change appearance as their traits take a toll on their body. The higher the rank, the fancier the clothing.
– And much more: Holy Orders, mercenaries, pagan and Viking raiders, easily customized rule sets and a beautiful new map to play on.
Crusader Kings III is available for pre-order at major online retailers and the Paradox store for a suggested retail price of $49.99/ £41.99/ €49.99 and will be available to desktop monarchs on September 1, 2020.
Paradox Interactive is a leading global publisher of strategy games for PC and console. The company has developed and published a world-renowned catalog stretching back to 1999, with players hailing from all around the world.
The publisher’s steadily-growing portfolio includes firmly established franchises such as the critically acclaimed Europa Universalis, Crusader Kings, Hearts of Iron, and Stellaris series created by Paradox Development Studio, the Age of Wonders series created by Triumph Studios, as well as award-winning titles such as Cities: Skylines, Pillars of Eternity, and more from a network of partner studios. Paradox is the owner of the World of Darkness IPs and is publishing Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2. Today, over four million people play a Paradox game each month, and the number of registered Paradox users is over twelve million.
Paradox’s head offices are located in Stockholm, Sweden. Our development studios are located in Stockholm, Malmö and Umeå, Sweden, in Delft, The Netherlands, in Seattle, Washington, and in Berkeley, California. We share a passion for gaming and gamers, and our goal is to provide deep and challenging games with hours of gameplay and endless variety to our ever-growing community.
For more information, please visit our forums and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Crusader Kings III: Guide to Pre-Orders and Post-Launch Content
Question 1: How many editions of Crusader Kings III are available to pre-order?
You can currently pre-order Crusader Kings III at major online retailers including the Paradox Store. On all platforms you will be greeted with by two editions:
The Standard Edition – SRP*of $49.99
– The Base Game
The Royal Edition – SRP of $74.99
– The Base Game
– The Expansion Pass, comprising 3 upcoming DLCs and an Expansion Pass Bonus: Fashion of the Abbasid Court.**
Both editions will contain the Pre-order Bonus: Garments of the Holy Roman Empire.***
Question 2: When will the Expansion Pass be available on its own?
– The Expansion Pass will be available for purchase on September 1st, 2020 – SRP $34.99,
Question 3: What is the benefit of getting the Royal Edition? It’s good to be the King!
– Buying the Base Game and the Expansion Pass separately will be at $84.98, you would save $9.99 by getting the Royal Edition.
– Buying the Base Game and each DLC included in the Expansion Pass separately will be at $93.96, against $74.99 for the Royal Edition. You would save $18.97 by getting the Royal Edition.
Question 4: What kind of DLCs does the Expansion Pass include and what is included in the Pre-order Bonus?
– Expansion Pass Bonus: Fashion of the Abbasid Court, a set of additional outfits and cosmetic clothing options for the Middle East and North Africa.
– 1st Flavor Pack: Unannounced.
– 1st Major Expansion: Unannounced.
– 2nd Flavor Pack: Unannounced.
Pre-order Bonus: Garments of the Holy Roman Empire
– Collection of additional outfits and headgears for both commoners, warriors and rulers of Central Europe.
Question 5: When will the Pre-order and Expansion Pass Bonuses be unlocked?
– These two bonuses will be unlocked at the release of Crusader Kings III on September 1, 2020.
– For the time being, these bonuses will only be available by: 1) pre-ordering the Standard or Royal Edition, in the case of the Pre-Order Bonus; 2) by pre-ordering/buying the Royal Edition or by purchasing the Expansion Pass, in the case of the Expansion Pass Bonus.
Question 6: The preorder and expansion pass bonuses are adding clothes? Does that mean all characters will have the same outfits throughout the world if we do not pre-order either the Standard or Royal Edition?
– No. Characters will have different clothes throughout the world in the Base Game. These two bonuses add more variety.
Question 7: What kind of content can we expect post-launch?
Our DLCs will be split between Flavor Packs and Major Expansions.
– Flavor Packs – SRP $6.99: in-game content focused on a theme or a region.
– Major Expansions – SRP $29.99: larger, meatier expansions with content and mechanics to expand and enrich your experience.
– Free Updates: As usual, each Major Expansion will be accompanied by a free update that will provide new features, fixes and changes to improve our players’ experience.
If you are familiar with Paradox Development Studio games, you surely have realized that we will start with a Major Expansion for CK3 at a slightly higher price point than those of our previous titles. This is due to the fact that we want to spend more time on our CK3 expansions and deliver bigger DLCs with better, more exciting content and well-enhanced mechanics.
In-between the Major Expansions, smaller Flavor Packs will be released to add some spice to themes and specific regions of the world and give everyone something to spend your time with.
Have more questions? Follow this link to join the discussion!
*SRP: Suggested Retail Price.
**Expansion Pass Bonus: Fashion of the Abbasid Court has a SRP of $2.99.
*** Pre-order Bonus: Garments of the Holy Roman Empire has a SRP of $2.99.