"The Beginning of the End"
At Stalingrad, the largest military offensive in history ground to a halt as the Wehrmacht met and was defeated by the Red Army. The German Sixth Army has surrendered and the Soviets have a renewed fighting spirit. Now it's time for the Red Army to press the Germans back towards the Fatherland. In the next 2 1/2 years of titanic struggle, the Soviets will push all the way to the Reich’s capital of Berlin. Can you lead the Red Army, sweep over your foes and outperform the historical Soviet commanders? Can you as the Wehrmacht stop the Red Tide from engulfing the Reich?
Red Victory is the long awaited sequel to Advance of the Reich, published over seven years ago. It is a tactical level computer wargame with scenarios ranging over the entire Eastern Front, 1943-45. The basic unit is the squad, but players can form units up to division level. With this game, the Squad Battles engine has received many upgrades and the level of detail has grown. The number of scenarios included in this title has almost tripled, as have the number of maps available for player use.
The last half of the war on the Eastern Front (1943-45) is covered in detail here with multiple scenarios from battles in Kharkov, Warsaw, Kursk, Kiev, Korsun & Berlin, to name but a few. Any wargamer with an interest in the Russian Front will find many hours on challenging engagements awaiting them.
Red Victory Features
- 90 stand alone scenarios and 3 campaigns to choose from.
- 37 unique maps ranging in size from 900 hexes to 86,400 hexes providing ample ground for scenario designers to create their own actions.
- 3D graphics with a wide range of AFVs being modeled.
Engine changes include:
1) Added sled vehicle flag to designate such vehicles as the Russian aerosled.
2) Added Infrared Detection Devices and three uses for those:
o MP-44/StG-44 with Infrared
o PzKw V Panther with Infrared
o SdKfz 251/20 with Infrared
3) Added Demolition Vehicles SdKfz 301, 302, and 303 (See Remote Control Vehicles under Movement section of Users Manual).
4) Added Direct Fire vehicle flag for designating aircraft with no targeting scatter (see Support in Users Manual).
The game also has the standard scenario, OOB, parameter, database & sub-map editors included with the game. Play modes include A/I, Hot Seat, PBEM, LAN & Internet play.
Version éditée par HPS Sims. Bon état.