En bref. Les amateurs de 4X seront vraisemblablement curieux de savoir que ce jeu signé par Soren Johnson (Civilization IV, Off World Trading Company) va quitter la phase Accès anticipé au tout début de juillet prochain.
En chantier depuis début 2018, alors sous le nom de 10 Crowns, le jeu mettra entre autre l’accent sur les souverains et la création d’une dynastie, et donc sur des personnages soignés. En plus de pouvoir jouer sur des cartes aléatoires, le jeu offrira aussi des scénarios explorant des thèmes historiques précis (voir les vidéos suivantes).
Old World Launches July 1, 2021, featuring Grammy-winner Christopher Tin
Mohawk Games will launch their long-awaited historical 4X strategy title, Old World, on July 1, 2021. They are also excited to announce that Grammy Award-winning composer Christopher Tin (Civilization IV, Offworld Trading Company) will produce music for the game. The title is currently available in Early Access on the Epic Games Store.
Set in classic antiquity, Old World is a historical 4X strategy game created by Soren Johnson (Lead Designer, Civilization IV). Players select a historical leader and compete with other nations for dominance. Use strategy and cunning to settle new lands, acquire wealth and resources, and take down rivals. While these leaders are legendary, they’re still only mortal; once they meet their demise, the future of the nation depends on their heirs.
– An innovative new Orders system: Orders are a resource players use to command their units as they see fit, unlike traditional 4X games which limit every unit to one move each turn. Giving players control of who can take an action and how many times adds a new layer of strategy to the genre.
– Narrative-driven events: With a focus on rich narrative and a dynamic story generation engine, Old World features events inspired by real history where the decisions you make have a meaningful impact on the game.
– Real leaders: Old World features a selection of seven real-life leaders including Cyrus of Persia, Ashurbanipal of Assyria, and Dido of Carthage. Every year is a turn, so these leaders will give way to their descendants as the game progresses.
– Engaging scenarios: Beyond the standard game on random maps, players can also play in the ancient Mediterranean or in scenarios with special conditions based on historical accounts.
– Flexible multiplayer: Old World supports a wide variety of multiplayer modes, including asynchronous, play-by-cloud, hotseat, team games, scenarios, and a variety of turn speeds and styles. (https://www.mohawkgames.com/2020/09/16/old-world-multiplayer-unlocked/)