En bref. Paradox a mis en ligne une nouvelle bande-annonce confirmant que la nouvelle extension The Cossacks pour Europa Universalis IV est belle et bien disponible. Pour plus d’informations sur cet add-on, dont nous vous reparlerons prochainement, voyez le communiqué ci-après ainsi par ici sur Steam ou sur cette page chez Paradox.
Reportez-vous aussi si besoin dans le forum officiel du jeu, où plusieurs dev diaries présentent plus en détail ces nouveaux mécanismes (voir ce message pour les différents liens ou sur Mundus Bellicus pour une traduction).
The Cossacks Are Here! With Gifts!
New Europa Universalis expansion includes leaderboards
The day has come! Europa Universalis IV: The Cossacks has arrived on digital storefronts around the world, bringing not just hosts of invaders and rebels, but a pile of new features, mechanics and improvements to the best-selling historical grand strategy game from Paradox Development Studio!
We are also revealing a new feature that will let you track your performance against your own history and against other players around the world. The Leaderboard will record any game score you achieve in Ironman mode (where you can earn achievements) so long as you are logged in to your Paradox Account and have a forum registration. (And if you don’t have a Paradox Account, this is a great reason to have one.)
Watch your scores improve as you learn the game, or as you move from country to country, strategy to strategy. Can you beat our development team at their own game?
But even if you have no interest in playing Ironman and proving that you are the Grandest Strategist in All the Lands, The Cossacks gives you many new options in domestic and international strategy, all designed to flesh out the rich history of the early modern world:
– The Estates: Allocate lands to clergy, nobles and merchants as you try to balance the powers in your Renaissance state.
– Advanced diplomatic options: Threaten war, trade favors, and tell the world which provinces are of strategic importance in your plans
– Tengri: Tengri is now a Syncretic faith, allowing it to tolerate a secondary religion as if it were a national faith.
– Horde Unity and Razing: Nomadic nations now must pay attention the horde unity of their tribes – a unity that can only be maintained by the occasional pillaging
– Improved Culture Change: You can now restore a previous culture to a converted province, or convert a province you hold to a culture that is not your own.
– Native Policies: Set your policy for colonial encounters with natives. Are you focused on quick subjugation, peaceful growth or trading advantages?
– Improved Espionage: New spy actions allow you to study the technology of more advanced countries and prod your rivals’ subjects towards independence.