En bref. Paru à la fin de l’été l’année dernière, voici que cette belle simulation de la guerre de Trente ans est maintenant disponible aussi sur Steam. Où pour l’occasion et jusqu’au 16 juin prochain le jeu bénéficie d’une réduction de 10%. A noter que si vous possédiez déjà le jeu, normalement en suivant ce lien et ces instructions vous devriez pouvoir obtenir une clé Steam pour l’ajouter à votre ludothèque.
Religion and War
Thirty Years’ War is now available on Steam!
Epsom, UK – June 09, 2016
“For what can war, but endless war, still breed?” – John Milton
Thirty Years’ War is a wargame like no other, thanks to its deep and rarely covered historical context. From the Bohemian rebellion to the Swedish intervention led by Gustavus Adolphus, from Denmark to the Palatinate, players can now recreate the Campaigns of Lützen, Nördlingen and Rocroi.
As the head of the Catholics or Protestants, the players have a considerable freedom of military and political actions. Recruiting new units, reinforcing the casualties with mercenaries, manoeuvring armies of thousands of men and planning yearly campaigns, will soon become their everyday life with only one ultimate goal:
Gain supremacy over Central Europe!
Players will have the chance to select scenarios, from 1618 to 1648:
• The Bohemian Revolt: This scenario covers the first years of the war, from the sieges of Pilsen and Budweiss to the intervention of the Catholic League and the battle of White Mountain in 1620.
• The Paladins: A small-scale scenario that represents the months of fight in the Rhenish Palatinate.
• The Danish Phase: This scenario runs from the Danish entry into the war to its final defeat and the treaty of Lübeck.
• The Swedish Intervention: King Gustav II Adolf of Sweden aims to invade the Holy Roman Empire in order to bring support to the German Protestants.
• The Thirty Years’ War: This ambitious scenario covers all the years of fighting, from the Bohemian Rebellion to 1648.
Slitherine is part of the Slitherine Group
About the Slitherine Group
The Slitherine Group is the world’s leading producer and publisher of digital wargames and strategy games. Under the Slitherine (www.slitherine.com), Matrix Games (www.matrixgames.com) and Ageod (www.ageod.com) brands it has published literally hundreds of games, with many award-winning titles in its portfolio and spanning all digital platforms, from home consoles to modern Smartphone’s and Tablets. Slitherine is also involved with book publishing, board gaming and works with a wide array of key licensing partners, such as HISTORY®, MILITARY HISTORY®, Games Workshop®, Horrible Histories™, Showtime, BBC, Osprey, Scholastic, Buzz Aldrin Enterprises and many others to deliver the best blend of historical accuracy in an exciting and entertaining way. Together the Group companies form the world’s largest organization specializing in this important and vibrant niche. The Slitherine Group’s mission over the coming years is to lead the way in innovation and growth in an ever expanding segment of the entertainment industry.