En bref. Matrix vient d’annoncer que ce fameux et imposant wargame sorti au printemps dernier va finalement arriver sur la plateforme de Valve juste avant Noël, c’est à dire vers le 9 ou le 10 décembre.
Le jeu a aussi bénéficié fin septembre dernier d’un patch 1.01.09, dont vous trouverez le détail ci-après.
A lire en complément cet article sur The Wargamer dans lequel les développeurs expliquent différentes améliorations du jeu. Et si vous ne connaissez pas le jeu, voyez aussi dans nos archives nos différents articles en parlant.
Gary Grigsby’s War in the East 2 is coming to Steam
Gary Grigsby’s War in the East 2 will be available on Steam on December 9th.
Starting in 1941, the game covers one of the most brutal conflicts in human history. This bitter fight to the end between the Third Reich and the Soviet Union is lovingly modeled and detailed from the highest strategic overview to the smallest logistical decision. GGWitE2 is a complete overhaul of the first game.
It is richer, more historical, more encompassing, and is the most accurate representation of this conflict ever conceived.
The game comes with an exceptional tutorial and 520-page comprehensive manual, to help new players understand the depth and complexity that underpins how real war is fought and won.
The A.I. has also been improved, so veterans of the first game will also relish new challenges in an expansive campaign that covers everything from Barbarossa to the fall of Berlin.
Check out Slitherine’s Twitch channel on November 29th when XTRG will play live War in the East 2.
War in the East 2 – Patch (v. 1.01.09)
A new patch (v01.01.09) has been released. The update is available HERE
New Features and Rule Changes
• Reordered some of the ground elements on the left side of the Production screen to make them appear in a more logical order.
• In-game scaling – Scaled air unit load out window and server message window.
Bug Fixes and AI Improvements
• Support units are destroyed when non-isolated HQs displace (should only happen for isolated HQs). Fixed.
• Depot in isolated hex inside a pocket delivers freight to non-isolated outside the pocket 3 or less hexes away. Fixed.
• Sometimes fighters could not fly escort for transports if they had any previous miles flown. Fixed, they should now be available to escort and will try to fly if assigned.
• Fighter escorts in ground support and air transport could, in some cases, be charged more miles flown, and suffer more op losses than they should have. Fixed.
• Ending the turn of a Multiplayer game when disconnected to the internet could cause a corruption of the game’s player turn order if the turn is ended again and successfully uploaded. Fixed. Now, the player will get a message that the upload has unsuccessful, and it will allow the player to try again. If the player is not able to reconnect to the internet and successfully upload the save, the player can exit the game without corrupting the game on the server (but they will lose whatever has been done during the current session). Players with very frequent connectivity issues should consider the benefits of using PBEM instead of MP.
• Adjusting music volume doesn’t take immediate effect/impacts mouse click. Fixed.
• Production screen – ground element list on left doesn’t scale when show types is turned on. Fixed.
• Airfield detail display – airfield capacity number goes very big negative value. Fixed.
• Y/N confirmation window for applying loadouts can appear behind other windows when at lowerresolutions. Fixed.
• Combining 2 brigades on map to make division (via buildup) causes multiple units with same name. Fixed.
• Rocket units always get built named 500th even when there are already units with that name. Fixed.
• Can Merge a unit even when the player has no APs. Fixed.
• Created railyards in depots built in airfield only locations do not show up in city detail screen. Fixed.