On savait que tôt ou tard Paradox reviendrait à la glorieuse et bouillonnante époque de l’antiquité romaine. Voilà qui est confirmé aujourd’hui via l’effervescent salon PDXCon 2018 avec un premier trailer et surtout quelques jolies captures d’écrans dévoilant la carte et l’interface de ce futur jeu de grande stratégie. Jeu qui précisons-le sera a priori distinct de Europa Universalis – Rome 2, et dont la conception est dirigée par Johan Andersson.
Au-delà de graphismes très soignés, Imperator – Rome devrait proposer une très grande carte (la plus détaillée réalisée à ce jour par Paradox), des mécanismes pour gérer de nombreux personnages, une prise en compte de l’importante diversité des populations, des tactiques de bataille, des traditions militaires et des types de gouvernement, bien sûr des barbares et des révoltes, ou encore une gestion du commerce et des provinces. Autrement dit un programme très complet qui ne devrait pas laisser de marbre les amateurs de cette période.
Pour plus d’informations sur Imperator – Rome, dont la sortie est prévue en 2019, sans plus de précisions pour l’instant, voyez cette fiche chez l’éditeur.
Go from Brick to Marble in Paradox’s Imperator: Rome
Studio Announces New Roman Themed Grand Strategy Game
STOCKHOLM – 19 May 2018 – What we think of as “western civilization” was not guaranteed. Imagine Alexander’s empire centralized under one successor. Italy might never have been unified under Roman rule, strangling a juggernaut in its cradle. A world without Caesar. Now you can explore these alternate histories in Imperator: Rome.
The masters of historical strategy have returned to the days of legions and legends. Paradox Development Studio is happy to announce Imperator: Rome, an upcoming grand strategy game set in the classical world from the glory days of Athens to the establishment of the Roman Empire four centuries later. Rule any nation on the most detailed Paradox map ever stretching from the Pillars of Hercules to the far reaches of of India, allowing you to build an empire to dwarf that of Alexander. Govern republics or monarchies, balancing the factions, and keeping the loyalty of your most capable generals.
Imperator: Rome’s features include:
– Character Management: A living world of characters with varying skills and traits that will change over time. They will lead your nation, govern your provinces and command your armies and fleets. We also introduce our new, more human-like character art.
– Diverse Populations: Citizens, freemen, tribesmen and slaves – each population with its own culture and religion. Whether they fill your armies, fill your coffers or fill your colonies, keep an eye on their happiness – your success depends on their satisfaction.
– Battle Tactics: Choose your approach before battle to counter the stratagems of your foes.
– Military Traditions: Each culture has a unique way of waging war. Romans and Celts have different options available to them. Unlock unique bonuses, abilities and units.
– Different Government Types: Manage the senate in a Republic, hold your court together in a monarchy, answer to the clans in a tribal system.
– Barbarians and Rebellions: Migrating barbarians may sack or settle your best land, while disloyal governors or generals can turn against you – taking their armies with them!
– Trade: Goods provide bonuses to their home province. Will you take advantage of stockpiles for local strength or trade excess goods to spread the wealth around?
– Provincial Improvement: Invest in buildings, roads and defences to make your kingdom stronger and richer.
Imperator: Rome is scheduled for a 2019 release.
Paradox Interactive is a leading global publisher of strategy games for PC and console. The company has developed and published a world-renowned catalog stretching back to 1999, with players hailing from all around the world.
The publisher’s steadily-growing portfolio includes firmly established franchises such as the critically acclaimed Europa Universalis, Crusader Kings, Hearts of Iron, and Stellaris series created by Paradox Development Studio, the Age of Wonders series created by Triumph Studios, as well as award-winning titles such as Cities: Skylines, Pillars of Eternity, and more from a network of partner studios. Paradox also owns White Wolf Interactive, though none of the publisher’s employees are vampires.
Paradox’s head offices are located in Stockholm, Sweden. Our development studios are located in Stockholm, Malmö and Umeå, Sweden and in Delft, The Netherlands. We share a passion for gaming and gamers, and our goal is to provide deep and challenging games with hours of gameplay and endless variety to our ever-growing community.
For more information, please visit our forums and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.