Toujours dans le cadre du festival de révélations au salon PDXCON 2018 ce week-end, voici une courte vidéo accompagnant l’annonce d’une future quinzième extension pour Crusader Kings II. Add-on qui explorera cette fois le thème des croisades teutoniques dans le nord de l’Europe médiévale. Mais qui ajoutera aussi de nombreux mécanismes supplémentaires, par exemple une carte aléatoire de l’Europe, ce qui pourrait donner des résultats très amusants pour les amateurs d’uchronie, des lignées légendaires, des nouveaux moyens de faire pression sur ses vassaux, des couronnements, des canonisations, des lois de succession, ou encore des loges guerrières païennes.
Pour plus d’informations sur Crusader Kings II – Holy Fury, dont la sortie est prévue on ne sait quand plus tard cette année, voyez cette page chez l’éditeur. Au sujet de Crusader Kings II, voyez cette fiche chez Paradox ou celle-ci sur Steam. Ou aussi le wiki officiel.
A ne pas manquer notre article A la croisée des DLC dans Crusader Kings II, qui vous guidera dans le choix des nombreuses extensions du jeu.
Baptism or War! Force the Choice in Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
Huge New Expansion Highlights Religious War
STOCKHOLM – 19 May 2018 – “One heart and one soul against the Christian name.” So went the message from Estonia after the routing of the Teuton invaders at Umera. The fires of faith burn hot, as local gods come under attack from a universal church that offers a stark choice – God or the Sword?
Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury is the newest and one of the most wide-ranging expansions to Paradox Development Studio’s beloved medieval grand strategy role-playing game. Take charge of a body of righteous warriors in Holy Fury, leading your army on a Crusade for the faith, or defending against attackers. Holy Fury takes its inspiration from the Northern Crusaders of Catholic Europe against its Pagan neighbors. Play either side in a new holy war.
In Holy Fury, Pagan rulers who reform their religion instead of converting will have a chance to design that new Reformed Paganism. A religion of peace or one of war? Will you be guided by the stars or bow to the whims of bloodthirsty gods? Who will lead this new church? Build a new creed on the ashes of the old ways.
Other features in Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury include:
– Shattered and Random Worlds: Start your game on a fictional map of Europe as a small realm fighting for space, or on a random map with historical analogues for the great kingdoms of yore.
– Warrior Lodges: Join a Pagan warrior lodge and raid your way up the ranks, unlocking access to powerful allies and greater military skill.
– Legendary Bloodlines: Descendants of great warrior heroes will have bonuses that match the accomplishments of their forefathers, including historical bloodlines of Charlemagne, Genghis Khan and others.
– Sway or Antagonize Your Neighbors: Try to win a reluctant vassal through charm and persuasion, or provoke someone you want to push into conflict.
– Sainthood: Pious Catholics can become canonized, passing on their glory to their descendants and making their resting place a site of great value.
– Coronations: Feudal kings and emperors must find clergy to crown them, since all power descends from the heavens.
– New Crusade Events: Deeper gameplay for the religious wars of the era.
– New Succession Laws: A Pagan Elder Council may have the final word in how a realm is divided among heirs, or a ruler may challenge his brother to combat to unify a realm.
– And much more: Changes to religion, custom names for people or objects, deeper baptismal mechanics, lists of people you’ve killed, and other small changes for flavor and variety.
Like all Crusader Kings II expansions, Holy Fury will be accompanied by a major free update for all Crusader Kings players, including changes to how Crusades work.
Holy Fury is coming in 2018 for the suggested retail price of $19.99.
Paradox Interactive is a leading global publisher of strategy games for PC and console. The company has developed and published a world-renowned catalog stretching back to 1999, with players hailing from all around the world.
The publisher’s steadily-growing portfolio includes firmly established franchises such as the critically acclaimed Europa Universalis, Crusader Kings, Hearts of Iron, and Stellaris series created by Paradox Development Studio, the Age of Wonders series created by Triumph Studios, as well as award-winning titles such as Cities: Skylines, Pillars of Eternity, and more from a network of partner studios. Paradox also owns White Wolf Interactive, though none of the publisher’s employees are vampires.
Paradox’s head offices are located in Stockholm, Sweden. Our development studios are located in Stockholm, Malmö and Umeå, Sweden and in Delft, The Netherlands. We share a passion for gaming and gamers, and our goal is to provide deep and challenging games with hours of gameplay and endless variety to our ever-growing community.
For more information, please visit our forums and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.