Bonne nouvelle, le très réussi troisième volet de la série Strategic Command est désormais disponible sur la plateforme de Valve.
Au passage le jeu a aussi bénéficié d’une nouvelle mise à jour, passant en version 1.04 (disponible par ici chez Matrix – lien direct). Patch important qui améliore l’interface, la gestion du ravitaillement, la lutte anti-sous-marine, ou encore rééquilibre un peu l’Angleterre et l’URSS au début de la guerre. Cela en plus d’ajuster un tas de détails et de corriger quelques bugs (voir le changelog ci-dessous).
Mais patch pour lequel, attention, il semble toutefois y avoir un mystérieux problème de compatibilité avec les sauvegardes en version 1.03 (cf. cette annonce). Donc si vous avez une partie en cours, mieux vaut probablement patienter le temps que les développeurs remédient à cela.
Pour plus d’informations sur Strategic Command WWII: War in Europe, voyez cette fiche chez l’éditeur ainsi que notre test. Ou encore ce précédent court récit d’un début de partie Strategic Command – WWII in Europe : AAR Case White.
STRATEGIC COMMAND IS OUT ON STEAM!
Strategy legend lands on the beaches of Valve!
Greetings Wargamers! We are proud to bring you Strategic Command, an award winning, approachable Operational Wargaming title directly to your PC. Our goal is to bring this incredible genre to the mainstream audience, bringing in as many users to share in the tactical genius of the Strategic Command system.
After it’s release on the 17th of November 2016, the strategy legend Strategic Command is coming to Steam! Command an entire plethora of nations as either the Axis or the Allies in the turbulent years of World War 2. You can start from the invasion of Poland, all the way to the actual invasion of Normandy to the eventual capitulation of the Reich.
You must also focus on technological improvements to ensure your faction wins the war, including a consistent amount of recruitment and reinforcement to make absolutely sure that your nations are on top of the technological race, and that your armies are always able to refill their ranks.
Under your leadership history can be completely changed, can you get Turkey to join your war effort as the Reich? Or perhaps you can convince Romania to instead fight for the Allies with the right diplomatic skills. It’s all up to you, become the mastery of Europe through political and military prowess!
· Take command of the two super coalitions, the Axis and the Allies, and re-fight WWII in Europe!
· Play on a top-down hex based map where each hex covers 20 miles that includes all the key cities, railroads, logistical centers and maritime trade routes.
· In addition to the Grand Campaign starting in 1939 Strategic Command also includes scenarios starting in 1940, 1941, 1942, 1943 and 1944
· A realistic Fog of War simulates the historical atmosphere where you have to make decisions with only partial knowledge of your opponent’s intentions and dispositions.
· Play with a choice of 3-D unit graphics or NATO counters if you prefer a more traditional wargaming experience
· Research and upgrade your units with a unique level of choices! Infantry Weapons, Rockets, Anti-Submarine Warfare, Amphibious Warfare, and more!
· Use Diplomacy to win over new allies and use your intelligence to undermine the enemy!
· With more than 100 unique strategic level Decision Events!
· Very easy to use editor to make your own “what-if” scenarios or create new maps and campaigns from scratch.
Strategic Command Updated to v1.04!
Strategic Command has just received a massive update with tons of improvements and changes!
The 1.04 version changelog is very long so be sure to check it out below!
You can download the update from the Members Area or from here
STRATEGIC COMMAND v1.04 UPDATES
v1.04 MAJOR UPDATES (since v1.03)
– User interface updated (appearance and functionality), now now matches the images as shown in the Manual.
– Added the UPGRADE, REINFORCE, and SLEEP tools to the operational button area of the game.
– Land units that are surprised by a hidden enemy unit will no longer be reduced to 0 action points, remaining action points (including any additional deductions for the hidden unit’s zone of control) will now apply.
– HQ distribution supply/distribution changes (should make Axis advances deep into Russia or Egypt more challenging)
– Various changes made to naval and submarine warfare
– NEXT and PREVIOUS unit selections are now organized by types, Land, Air and Sea units. For example, if you currently have an Air unit selected, the next/previous unit will be another Air unit
– Many updates to the campaigns including balance changes for Britain in Egypt and the USSR in the early war
– Fixed various bugs
– And many many more updates, improvements and fixes (any of these thanks to user feedback), for a full list of the changes check the change list in game or on the forum
v1.04 FULL LIST OF UPDATES
• user interface updates which now match the images as shown in the Manual.
• added the UPGRADE, REINFORCE, and SLEEP tools to the operational button area of the game.
• NEXT and PREVIOUS unit selections are now organized by types, Land, Air and Sea units. For example, if you currently have an Air unit selected, the next/previous unit will be another Air unit.
• HQ distribution supply has been changed to the following:
• HQ supply < 3 will have a distribution supply value of 5.
• HQ supply >= 3 and <= 5 will have a distribution supply value of 8.
• HQ supply > 5 will have a distribution supply value of 10.
• HQs can now only be linked if the first HQ has a supply value >= 5, raised from a previous threshold of >= 3.
• the HQ to be linked must have a supply value < 3 and is now automatically boosted to a supply value of 5 which caps its distribution supply at 8. Previously linked HQs could have a maximum distribution supply level of 10.
• land units that are surprised by a hidden enemy unit will no longer be reduced to 0 action points, remaining action points (including any additional deductions for the hidden unit’s zone of control) will now apply.
• naval units that are surprised by a hidden enemy unit will no longer be reduced to 0 action points, remaining action points divided by 5 will now apply with the following exceptions:
• naval units in cruise mode will still be reduced to 0 action points.
• Subs in Silent mode will be reduced to remaining action points divided by 2.
• naval units that have engaged in combat will now have their action points reduced to remaining action points divided by 2.
• naval units in Naval Cruise mode will now only reveal hidden units from its final destination position and no longer along its movement path.
• naval units can now pass through enemy naval units but may suffer a 50% chance of a 1 strength point loss for doing so.
• fixed a naval unit pass through error that had non belligerent units take damage when passing through fully mobilized units.
• fixed a naval unit retreat error that would sometimes see naval units retreat from a Port during combat. The only exception to this is if a naval unit is attacked by a land unit.
• adjusted the potential losses calculation for Subs that are attacked while in Silent mode. Results will still be 50% damage but they will be rounded up instead of down.
• Subs no longer receive any combat bonuses for being in Silent mode while in Port.
• Subs in Silent mode will no longer be hidden from general spotting under fog of war while in Port.
• Carriers can now raid a convoy from within its strike range, except for convoys starting from a currently Neutral country.
• air units can no longer raid a convoy starting from a Neutral country.
• air units now have a maximum entrenchment of only 1 regardless of underlying terrain or resource.
• Coastal Guns can now surprise Amphibious Transports and conduct automatic defensive fire much like capital ships can when adjacent to a coastal landing area.
• fixed a CTD when completing a PBEM++ turn and returning to the MAIN MENU.
• fixed a swap unit error that would lead to a CTD for when a player right clicks instead of left clicks on the final unit selection (BPINisBACK).fixed a rare CTD when a naval unit retreats at strength = 1 and suffers a pass through combat loss from an enemy unit and is destroyed.
• fixed a rare CTD when a naval unit retreats at strength = 1 and suffers a pass through combat loss from an enemy unit and is destroyed.
• fixed an AI animate transport CTD error.
• fixed a custom campaign load error that caused a CTD when the major country list did not start with the UK as the first Allied major country.
• fixed a unit move and attack combination error that would sometimes lead to units not losing their applicable action points when not playing with undo moves (BPINisBACK).
• fixed a unit movement error that would not update all the applicable enemy hexes to the control of the new owner when not playing with undo moves (xwormwood).
• fixed/amended several in game research descriptive texts when mouse hovering over a category in the RESEARCH screen.
• fixed a Prepared Attack Bonus display error that was incorrectly displaying this information for units that had swapped and then subsequently engaging in combat.
• fixed a convoy losses error that had convoy losses sometimes exceed the maximum convoy transfer amount.
• fixed a DECISION event MPP transfer error that had these events erroneously accumulate and transfer more MPP than desired.
• fixed a false Sub dive reporting error that showed a Sub was about to dive in places like the Kiel canal and then nothing happened. Now Subs will no longer report a false dive when in a Land + Sea hex.
• fixed a resource upgrade display error that incorrectly showed possible upgrades for Fortifications.
• fixed a GARRISON reinforce error that had them capped at strength 5 even if set higher in the Editor.
• fixed an operate unit error that still displayed unit movement areas when selecting operate from the new UI lower left action panel.
• fixed a map scrolling error that would sometimes cause the display map area to be frozen when you stopped scrolling.
• fixed a bug that had friendly AI controlled countries place or purchase ‘*’ units for human controlled countries.
• fixed a unit upgrade error that did not advance the unit sprites to the appropriate level sprite when using the upgrade tool on the map.
• resources that could not previously be upgraded using the upgrade tool on the map due to having a unit on top of the resource can now be upgraded if you choose to temporarily hide the unit layer from view.
• left clicking on a major capital city will now play their national anthem.
• moved the CREDITS screen to a ‘View full credits’ text button in the lower right hand corner of the MAIN MENU screen.
• added language flag buttons to the lower right hand corner of the MAIN MENU screen in order to switch languages while in game.
• Country Selection Panel including available MPPs will now display for any right mouse click unit action. For example, this will now allow players to see how many MPPs they have available when selecting to Transport, Operate a unit and so on.
• National Morale for a surrendered Major now shown as 0%.
• disabled ‘next/previous’ unit selections for AI controlled units on your turn.
• tool tips added to War Map and Reports screens for the City, Port, Oil, Mine and Fortification icons.
• tool tips added to the Purchase Unit screen for the ‘#’ and ‘PD’ symbols to indicate ‘Build Limits’ and ‘Production Delay’ respectively.
• added PBEM++ OPTIONS settings for Research, Diplomacy, Production Delay and Soft Build Limits.
• saving games once the game is over is no longer disabled for non PBEM++ games.
• added PBEM++ OPTIONS settings for Research, Diplomacy, Production Delay and Soft Build Limits.
• send Message button now only shown for PBEM++ games.
• players can now resign from a challenge even if it is not their turn.
• players can now accept challenges from another language version of the game and the game will automatically switch to that language when playing a different language turn from their current language.
• German Level-1 Fighter changed to a BF 109 (added yellow nose cone) from a FW 190.
– gave the British units that deploy in Egypt 0.8 experience (they arrive at half strength so some of this will be lost in reinforcing).
– gave the British units in Egypt 0.5 experience and some upgrades, and increased the starting strength of the British HQ and Corps there from 5 to 8. Specifically in the 1939 campaign O’Connor now has full research, 0.5 experience and is at strength 8; W.D.F. now has AA level 1 and 0.5 experience; XII Corps now has AA level 1, 0.5 experience and is at strength 8. In the 1940 campaign these all have 0.4 experience and O’Connor has full research.
– added Edinburgh as a third British capital (Ironclad).
– the UK now starts with Infantry Warfare Level 1.
– the USSR’s Engineer unit now arrives in the Production Queue on the 1st October 1939 rather than the 1st September 1940. In the 1940 campaign it now arrives on the 10th May 1940 so that the player can decide where they want it.
– in 1939 the USSR now starts with 2 chits assigned to Production Technology rather than 1.
– the USSR now starts with an AA unit at both Moscow and Leningrad, and Armies at Voronezh and Stalingrad.
– in the 1939 campaign the USSR’s starting MPPs have been raised from 45 to 150.
– reduced the USSR’s diplomacy chits from 5 to 3 (SPzAbt653).
– increased the swing of the USA towards the Axis if the Allies declare war on Italy from 2-4% to 10-15%.
– added more trigger points for Allied ships to swing Norway towards the Axis if they are on its convoy line to Germany, and Norway’s Mobilization will now swing in every Axis turn that there are Allied ships on the convoy route. One of the information only scripts has been removed, and all can now fire from the 1st September 1939 (geordietal).
– decreased the UK’s starting Build Limit from 2 to 1 Amphibious Transport of each type.
– Subs’ Convoy MPP Multiplier increased from 10 to 12.
– Carriers now benefit from Resource Attack upgrades with Naval Weaponry, rising by 1 per level (James Taylor).
– Soviet Shock Armies now benefit from a 10% Morale Boost as a result of Infantry Warfare (gingerbread).
– in the 1942 Campaign the U-30 in the Atlantic now starts fully upgraded.
– the cost of influencing a friendly Major using Diplomacy has been increased from 125 to 150 MPPs.
– France’s Diplomacy chits reduced from 5 to 3.
– in the 1939 campaign the arrival locations of the Italian HQ and Corps in February 1940 can now be deployed anywhere within Italian territory (battlevonwar).
– Italy will now swing only 1-2% towards the Axis when the Allies abandon any positions in the Med, whereas previously this was 1-3%.
– mobilization_2 scripts added so that if the Allies abandon Gibraltar then Spain will swing 8-12% towards the Axis while Italy is neutral, and if it is still empty when Italy joins the Axis then Spain will swing 8-12% again towards the Axis.
– mobilization_2 script amended so that the chance of Stalin being concerned by an Axis landing in the UK is now 100%.
– Mobilization_2 script amended to increase slightly the % increase in Soviet Mobilization from 22nd June 1941.
– four of the Afrika Korps Unit script have been divided into three to reduce the chance of any units not arriving should enemy units be within the deployment area. These are the ones triggered by DE 642; DE 647; DE 649 and DE 671.
– for the 1939 and 1940 campaigns: while Italy is neutral and provided London is in Allied hands, if the British abandon any of Malta, Gibraltar or Cairo then their National Morale will fall by 500 points per turn.
– for the 1939 and 1940 campaigns: while Italy is neutral and provided Paris is in Allied hands, if the French abandon any of Algiers, Damascus or Tunis then their National Morale will fall by 500 points per turn.
– if the Germans say yes to DE 617 at the start of the game then they will receive 50 MPPs.
– media image added for Italian Partisans.
– Resource and Map Text corrected in the German Language campaigns.
– fixed an issue regarding FLEET movements and not being properly surprised by hidden enemy naval units.
– allied AI Transports should no longer get stuck in the Red Sea.